Monday, November 18, 2013

River City Quilters' Show, Sacramento

I had a very good time at the show.  I was very tired at the end but it was fun and occurs only once a year, the third weekend of November.  


I photographed the card that advertised our show.  

Our Opportunity Quilt was a huge success.  We sold
every ticket that was printed.  I am not sure how many
were sold because the numbers that were reported to me varied.  The winner was not present but she is from the 209 area code, south of Sacramento.

It was a lot of work but it was a success for all of the
vendors.  The attendance numbers were high:  734 paid admissions for Friday and 813 for Saturday.  We will find
find out the number of admissions for Sunday.







Fabric Garden was one of the vendors at the show.  They hung the quilt that I pieced on the side of their booth.  I have taken many pictures of it in the past.  Every time they move it in the shop, I have to snap a photograph of it....hahaha.




Tree at effie Yeaw Nature Center by Lori Wisheropp.

This quilt was my favorite of the show.  It was made by Lori Wisheropp.  I couldn't believe it that it was made of fabric.  It looked like it was a cross-cut tree.

My photograph does not do it justice.  It looks like a real log!



   


These quilts were blue ribbon winners at the show as well.


Baltimore Christmas by Virginia Nickelmann and quilted by Deborah Joyner.  

Virginia took this class at Quilter's Corner taught by Ellen Garner.  I happened to be standing near the board that announced the winners.  I witnessed Ellen happily telling Virginia that she had won Best in Show and Virginia's mouth dropping almost to the floor.  It was a priceless moment.

BTW, this was Virginia's first applique quilt!

 


 French Doors by Laurel Anderson.  

 All of Laurel's quilts are beautiful and this one
 is just another winner!  





Trifecta by Winifred Fung.

I first noticed that this quilt was full of Davis High t-shirts!  I have known Wini since last years quilt show and met her sister, Val at that time too.  This year, her older sister joined in and helped at the show even though she is not a guild member!  BTW, it is hard enough getting guild members to help, let alone a non-member.

To make a long story short, when I approached her about the quilt and where in Davis she lived, she said, "I made this for my granddaughter, Kelly.  She is in college now, at Cal Poly SLO."  Of course, I could not believe what I was hearing and thought it was too much of a coincidence and asked, "John Chuck is your son-in-law?"  Leslie Chuck is her daughter!  This is such a small world!

The show went well, I was exhausted everyday but it was so much FUN!


                      

1 comment: