Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Laying out my Charm Squares and Veteran's Day Weekend Fun

Here is the result of my use of one of my charm packs:


I made 82 hour glass blocks.  Two of them succumb to my reckless cutting and I had to throw them out.   I decided to place them 8 blocks by 10 blocks.  I had two left over but they were very dark and I was glad not to include them.

I will sew them together probably tonight.  Unfortunately, I won't have much time later this week.  The River City Quilter's Guild is having their annual quilt show.  I am the vendor chair and I will be busy taping off vendor booths tomorrow early in the morning, taking care of vendors while they are setting up Thursday and the show runs, Friday through Sunday.

My husband and I went to Yosemite this past weekend.  We decided to go to Merced Grove.  It is a stand of about ten redwoods.  It is a 3-mile round trip hike from the road.  It was a very fun trip going to see the trees:  1/2 mile on a flat road and 1 mile downhill to the trees.  It was nice and quiet.  Of course, if you go down, you must eventually go back up.  The 1-mile climb uphill was strenuous and hitting the flat 1/2 mile walk to the car was glorious!  We had a great time.  Obviously, I am sore.  I usually don't take those kinds of walks often.


Yesterday was Veteran's Day.  Both of our father's served in WWII and my father also served in Vietnam.  We stayed home because I was still sore and enjoyed the day sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment