Thursday, November 7, 2013

Quilty Fun by Lori Holt



Lori Holt, a fabric designer for Riley Blake has published a new book, "Quilty Fun."  She is quite a prolific fabric designer and has many years of experience as a quilter.  She was teaching her fellow parishioners how to sew and quilt online.  I read an article that Kimberly Jolly saw the online lessons and asked Lori to publish them.  I mentioned the book several weeks ago when I received my copy.  I love the whimsical quality that the quilt possesses.  



The Fat Quarter Shop is sponsoring a quilt along.  They will be piecing all of the different blocks from the quilt.  It is a smaller quilt where we will piece just three or four pieces instead of a row of each block.

Every Monday, there will be directions to make the blocks.  It is located on the FQS blog, the Jolly Jabber.  This week's blocks are apples.  It took me only an hour to put together the four apples.  The most diffifult element was selecting the fabric.  I decided not to purchase new fabric but try to use my stash.  It wasn't difficult finding the colors because I have them organized by color now.

Here are my blocks for this week:


This was so fun and very quick.  I love the immediate satisfaction because there are so few blocks to piece.  You have to have the book in order to make the quilt.  I can't wait for Monday to come around.

No comments:

Post a Comment