Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Quick Fat Quarter Quilt

Last night I started a blue baby quilt.  The pattern instructions were easy to follow and I managed to finish the quilt in about four to five hours.

I bought this quilt kit from Pincushion Boutique in Davis.  It contained eight fat quarters and minky-like fabric as the backing.  What I enjoyed about the pattern is that it had a visual diagram of how to cut up each fat quarter.  It said to place four of the fat quarters together and cut all four at once.  Do the same for the next four fat quarters.  It was fun and different.  It also had a diagram of how to place each block.  It looks like each block was randomly placed.


These types of quilts are the kind that I should make for babies.  They are cute and bright but do not take up a lot of time to piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment