Sunday, October 20, 2013

I had great surprises in the mail when I returned home!

We spent the day following PIQF (Saturday) with my oldest daughter, Erin and her friends up in the hills, above Cloverdale (north of Napa).  We had a great day there but when I returned home our mailbox was full of fun surprises that I had ordered.



I ordered this book several months ago, "Quilty Fun" by Lori Holt.  It has the instructions to make the quilt on the cover and many more projects using the blocks.  It looks like fun and I can't wait to use it on a couple of baby quilts that I have planned for the next few months.


I ordered a layer cake of a fabulous new line of fabrics called "Scrumptious."  The colors are so beautiful and I can't wait until I have the time to figure out what I want to do with these fabrics.











I received the fabric for Block #4 of "The Simple Life" from Homestead Hearth.  This one will be more difficult because I have to applique.  Just a warning, the end product may not look great.


I ordered some patterns and fabrics from Pink Chalk Fabrics.  I really want to make these quilts.  These patterns are from Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts.  She looks like she is my oldest daughter's age.  Her patterns and quilts are so fresh and modern.  

They look complicated but are supposed to be "easy" because of the "Sidekick" ruler.  I will let you know if that is the case.




I felt like it was Christmas...I had so many fun things waiting for me.  Now I get to work on making quilts with all of this fun "stuff."

No comments:

Post a Comment