Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Lattice Bones by Julie Hirt-627handworks.com --Moda Bake Shop

I subscribe to Moda Bake Shop's blog -->  www.modabakeshop.com.  A couple of weeks ago, I received a blog that had a pattern that I thought was so interesting, Lattice Bones.  I loved the fact that I could use two jelly rolls, one a solid and the other any print that I had in my stash.  I loved the openness of the quilt and the angles of the almost round circles.

I went to the website to download the free pattern:  http://www.modabakeshop.com/2013/10/lattice-bones-quilt.html



 


I used a Bella Solid - Snow jelly roll and the Spring House jelly roll, both by Moda.











Here is the progression of the block:


The jelly roll is already cut at 2 1/2"

Cut from the print jelly roll:  2 - 6 1/2" rectangles
and 2 - 2 1/2" squares

Cut from the background jelly roll:  4 - 4 1/2" rectangles and 2 - 2 1/2" squares







The outside columns are easy to sew:
the background and printed squares are sewn together and the 4 1/2" rectangle is sewn to the printed square.  The length and width of the block is 8 1/2."  




The only part that you need to watch for is sewing 
the outside column to the center. 
Pin carefully to be sure that the point
meets the seam of the printed square.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           This quilt has sixteen of the larger blocks to make a 64" x 64" quilt.  You will need 4 yards of fabric for the back.  It goes together fairly quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment