Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Hampton Ridge BOM - Month 10 and a new Civil War BOM coming in October

I picked up the last four blocks of Hampton Ridge yesterday from Fabric Garden.  I finished them this morning.  They were fun but I feel a bit sad that these are the last four blocks of this quilt.  On the other hand, I do feel elated that the quilt will be done in the next two months!

Block 38
Block 39
Block 40
Block 41
As I stated above, these are the last four blocks for Hampton Ridge.  I assume that we will have two-three months of fabric and patterns for the setting, border and backing.


New Civil War Block of the Month starting October, 2014

At the Beatle Bag class earlier this week, Jill, one of the owners of Fabric Garden, showed us posters of the new Block of the Month program beginning in October.  The quilt looks brighter and the blocks look like they will be fun to sew each month. 


The top photograph is the entire quilt.  The quilt and fabric is designed by Julie Hendrickson for  Windham Fabrics.  Jill had the first month of blocks completed.  The backgrounds are varied and consist of Civil War shirting prints which I love because these prints read as white from a distance.  I love using white in my quilts. 


I apologize for the quality of the two photographs of the Threads of Time.  I could not take a great picture because of the lighting in the classroom was so harsh.  The next time I am there, I will try to take better photographs.



This shows the schedule of blocks that we will be making. For example, each month, we will make four of the same blocks but in different colors.

If you are interested in joining our group that will make this quilt and you don't live in Sacramento, please call Jill at Fabric Garden, 916-483-2955.  She can give you the details and the cost of making this quilt.  Jill will mail the monthly pattern and fabrics to you.  

The website for the shop in Sacramento is www.fabricgardenquiltshop.com.







No comments:

Post a Comment