Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Vacation in Monterey

Earlier this week, my husband and I decided to take a short vacation to Monterey and Carmel to get away from the heat and also take some time away from his work. The weather was very pleasant, the high about 83 degrees and the lows about 54 degrees.  The weather here in Sacramento were about 98 degrees for the highs and the low was around 68 degrees.

We hiked around Point Lobos State Park.  We didn't see any otters but there were quite a few sea lions and cormorants.  The hikes were great and the ocean views were spectacular but there was a lot of poison oak along all of the trails.  Of course, this made me very nervous and I wanted to make sure that I would not fall anywhere near the itchy, itchy plants.

Every time we go to the Monterey area, I have to stop at the Back Porch Fabrics shop in Pacific Grove.  It has the largest collection of Kaffe Fassett fabrics that I have seen and quite a few books and notions.  It was grand going in and looking at all of the quilts hanging on the walls.

Back Porch Fabrics - - 157 Grand Ave # 101, Pacific Grove

I purchased three fabrics.  The yellow fabric is from Kaffe Fassett's collections.  The other two, I randomly selected because they matched my focal fabric.  

I am making pillows with my youngest daughter's sorority, Alpha Chi Omega.  I will make two, one for my daughter and the other for her "lil sister" this coming fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment