Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Beatle Bag Class

The Beatle Bag class was held yesterday.  This was the second class that Jill from Fabric Garden (Sacramento) held so there were only six of us.  We were able to spread out and have a great time completing our bags. 

Linda used a colorful fabric with lovely gold accents.


Paula used fabric sewing motifs I love blue.


Kathy used her favorite fabric, batiks.


This fabric also had sewing motifs.
This fabric reminded me of the fall with orange and brown.


I used a grapevine fabric.

As you can tell by the photographs above, we were all over the map with our fabric selection.  I loved each of the fabrics used and enjoyed getting to know everyone again and those who I have not met previously.  Several times during our class someone would come in from the store and marvel at our concentration with the silence coming from the classroom. We really wanted to finish these bags!

Our class started at 10 am and was scheduled to end at 4 pm with a short lunch break at 12:30 pm.  Most of us stayed until 5 pm so that we could try to finish as much as we could before we left for home.  It was a blast for me.

I was able to finish my Beatle Bag this morning.  I sewed binding around the bag, sewed the handle and stuffed the pin cushion.  Over all, I love the bag and can't wait to fill all of the compartments with my sewing and quilting tools.
























No comments:

Post a Comment