Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Day Dreams BOM Month 2 and Layer Cake Lemonade Quilt Pattern

Layer Cake Lemonade Quilt Pattern

I have purchased for years many, many pre-cuts.  I have been going through my stash to see which of these pre-cuts I can sew into quilts quickly.  I found a Barbara Brackman Layer Cake called "Lately Arrived from London."  I decided to use the Fat Quarter Shop's free pattern, "Layer Cake Lemonade Quilt Pattern." 


This quilt  is 48" x 61".  It is so easy to sew together.  I didn't like all of the fabrics included so I added the two green squares that matched the colors of the the entire line of fabrics.  There were not many dark fabrics but there were many lights and mediums so the green seemed like a good addition.  It isn't the best quilt but it is utilitarian and I will either keep it or give it away to someone who likes the somber Civil War colors.



Days Dreams BOM - Month 2

I just picked up the Day Dreams BOM yesterday morning.  I started on it right away.  I really enjoy the calming blue colors.  I finished them last night because they are 12" blocks (finished) and easier to sew together when there are larger pieces.






In this month's packet, there is a picture of the quilt that we will be making, the Spa version.  I so enjoy piecing the larger blocks!




No comments:

Post a Comment