Tuesday, June 3, 2014

San Francisco Visit

This weekend my husband and I visited San Francisco for our 30th wedding anniversary.  We had a blast and ate every meal at a Yelp recommended restaurant!  All of them were delicious....needless to say!


We took about six selfies in our hotel room.  Dermet and I have never taken selfies before so this was our best one.  We took others at Baker Beach with the Golden Gate Bridge behind us.  They were not as good either.  Baker Beach is on the Presidio on the other side of the Golden Gate.  We were curious about it but had never been before.  It was so cold and windy that we could not stay very long.

One of the highlights for me was to finally make it to Britex Fabrics.  It is a 4-story building near Union Square full of fabrics and notions.  It was so fun to go through each floor.  We started at the top floor.  There were remnants, leather, faux fur and many other items.  The 3rd floor had notions, ribbons, tulle, and just everything.



 
The wall of buttons was incredible.  Just about every button imaginable was there.

I did take pictures of some ribbons but not any of the huge array of ribbons.








What I loved was looking at the amount of zippers that were on display!  Every color that you can imagine was available and hanging.





The 2nd floor had cottons.  I loved them but I was so overwhelmed that I just purchased two yards of batiks.  There were not as many batiks so I was able to actually choose two bolts to buy from.  The 1st floor had brocades, wools and crepes.  All-in-all it was a beautiful experience.




No comments:

Post a Comment