Friday, June 13, 2014

Blogger Girls BOM II - Alternate Blocks and Erin's Graduation

On my last post, I stated that I wanted to try to finish all of my alternate blocks, 12 total.  I didn't even get close to achieving that goal.  I only finished one!  Here are some of the photographs that I took of my progress.


This is one of my favorite pieces of blue and white fabrics.  
It is called Hungarian Blue and designed by Sue Zipkin for Clothworks.
I don't know why I just purchased a yard of it.  Duh, I loved it so much I should have purchased a lot more.



I cut all of the fabrics that I needed to make the blocks.


This is the lone alternate block that I was able to complete.
1 down and 11 to go!

Erin's Graduation

I have three children:  Erin (29 y.o.), Tommy (26 y.o.) and Caroline (20 y.o.). 


Yesterday, my oldest, Erin, graduated from UC Davis with her Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering.  We are so proud of her because this is such a difficult undergraduate major and receiving a graduate degree is much more difficult.  

I am proud to say that Erin is a quilter too.  She is sweet, smart, athletic and loves to sew.  This is the reason why I have not finished all twelve of my alternate blocks.

 








Here are the obligatory immediate family photos with my husband, myself and Tommy.  Tommy flew in from Phoenix to attend the graduation.  He will be graduating next year with his degree in Pharmacy.

 

 On the left is Katie.  She is one of Erin's dearest friends.  They played on UC Davis' Intercollegiate soccer team from 2003-2006.




 




My husband's mother (seated), aunt (left) and sister joined us at the graduation.

We had a great time celebrating Erin's graduation at a wonderful restaurant in Davis.








Above is Erin's fiance, August.  He is wonderful and very supportive of Erin in every way.  We will be celebrating their wedding next year in May.



Caroline (on the right) is pictured with her friend Nattie.
Caroline is a sophomore at UC San Diego and this is finals week.  She had one final Monday, two finals last Tuesday and her last final today.  She was unable to attend Erin's graduation because she couldn't miss this final! 




No comments:

Post a Comment