Saturday, June 7, 2014

Fat Quarter Shop - Jelly Roll Jam

A couple of weeks ago, I received the Fat Quarter Shop's blog, the Jolly Jabber.  In this blog were suggestions on how to make larger quilts with additional Jelly Rolls.  I decided to make a larger one with two rolls of Laundry Basket Quilts' Snowbird.  I loved the blue, white and beige colors.  You can make two 48" square quilts from one jelly roll.



This is made from 18 strips of the jelly roll.  The Jelly Roll Jam is a free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop.  It is simple to make and assemble.  As I stated above, I used two jelly rolls and that will make a 72" square quilt.  I made three more of the above quilt.  The jelly roll is beautiful but it seemed "dull" when I laid them on the table.  I decided to add a 2 1/2" strip of red between all four of the pieces and add a red border around the quilt just to add a bit of sparkle/shimmer.  I will work on it this weekend and photograph it for you.

This is the link to the original Jelly Roll Jam: http://fatquartershop.blogspot.com/2013/09/jelly-roll-jam-free-quilt-pattern.html

Here is the link to the making of the larger Jelly Roll Jam:  http://fatquartershop.blogspot.com/2014/04/how-to-make-jelly-roll-jam-bigger.html


No comments:

Post a Comment