Thursday, January 23, 2014

Star Blocks are not finished....

I did not finish the Simply Stellar blocks.  They took quite a bit longer for me to sew together.  Of course, I want the points to match so I had to pick at the seams because I either had too much space between the points or cut one off.  I decided to take some time away from the blocks because I became very frustrated.  This is what I have completed so far:


 I have finished an additional two stars but as I said, I put it away yesterday.  I will try again later today.

Vintage Revival Block Along

The first week of  the Vintage Revival Block Along started yesterday.  Those of us who decided to join received the first set of instructions and which blocks to do this first week.  Sukie showed the colors that she will be using and they are very pretty.  I picked up a jelly roll of Little Azalea by Free Spirit while in the San Diego area from the Fat Quarter Quilt Shop in Vista.  It is a lovely group of fabrics with pink, yellow, aqua, red and many more beautiful colors.  I have quite a bit of Kona Solids and I decided to try to use them together.

 

After looking at all of my fabric choices, I decided to take out the Peridot fabric (third from the top).   The picture on the right shows my fabric choices without the darker green, Peridot.

 

I need to piece the two blocks together tonight so I can get back to the saw-tooth star blocks.  

 I have decided to use these fabrics along with the "Little Azalea" fabrics.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment