Saturday, January 18, 2014

New Quilt Project - Red, White and Blue Quilt

I love red, white and blue quilts.  I picked up The Quilter Magazine last week, the February/March 2014 issue and gazed upon a lovely star quilt that I would love to make.  The quilt is called "Simply Stellar."  About the same time I noticed that the Fat Quarter Shop was advertising the same quilt.  In Kimberly Jolly's blog she mentioned that you can purchase the fabric from her but you had to purchase the magazine separately.  Kimberly publishes patterns under the name of It's Sew Emma.  If you are interested in making this quilt with the colors that Kimberly is using, you can order it from her website:  www.fatquartershop.com.

 


I love sawtooth stars blocks.  I really had to do this quilt in red, white and blue.










This is the entire quilt.  It is so beautiful!  

I am planning on leaving the design of the quilt the same except I will use red fabric in place of the aqua/turquoise fabric.




 



These are the fabrics that I have chosen to use in my quilt.  I have two navy fabrics because I don't think that I have enough of each of the fabrics to finish the quilt.  I will use the one for the stars in the middle of the quilt and use the other for the stars in the border.

I am starting tonight.  I will keep my fingers crossed that I have enough fabric for the blue stars.



I can't help myself, I had to put these photos of Joe Montana's jersey.
Go 49ers! It will be hard hitting but exciting game tomorrow in Seattle!






No comments:

Post a Comment