Thursday, January 23, 2014

New Purchases from Fabric Garden

I am so delighted to share my new purchases with all of you.  First, I purchased new fabric (not that I need anymore), Shop Local by Another Point of View from Windham Fabrics.  They are too cute and I am sure that you will agree with me once you see them for yourself.


The owners of the Fabric Garden know that I am a BIG fan of Deb Tucker of Studio 180 Designs.  Deb is an extremely dynamic speaker and has rulers that allow you to make blocks with incredible accuracy.  I purchased her laminated cards that explain how to use her rulers!



The Tucker Trimmer is my favorite of her rulers.  I love to make stars and this ruler allows you to make the most accurate stars.  I watched her demonstrate her rulers at PIQF (Pacific International Quilt Festival) in Santa Clara.  She is a must to watch.





I only went to Fabric Garden to pick up my fourth month installment of Hampton Ridge.  I left with much, much more!  It is so much fun to go and socialize with people (Carol and Jill) who love quilting like I do!

 I will post my blocks when I finish them. 





I purchased a new book also.  I didn't realize that I had the first edition in my library.  The second edition is more comprehensive and it seems that the information that you need is easier to find because of a better index.

The purchase that I am the most excited about is the Frixion Pen.  I can't wait to try it.  I am intrigued by the disappearing ink when the heat of my iron touches it.



My Priorities for the remainder of the week is to finish my blocks for the Vintage Revival Block Along, sew my blocks for Hampton Ridge and finish sewing my blocks together for the saw-tooth star quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment