Monday, January 27, 2014

Simply Stellar Quilt - More to go!

I sewed all of the thirty saw-tooth star blocks together.  These blocks are 8"x8".   At first, I had a difficult time making the points meet.  I finally decided that I had to pin the pieces together very carefully.  I did have to undo seams every once in a while but not as much as I did on the first two rows.


I am very satisfied with the result; although, I could've been more of a perfectionist but I would not have finished this quilt until next year.  I sewed one red and one blue together and added the row below.  Did that again, sewed the eight blocks together and added the end two to make ten.  I did that two more times for a total of six rows.


The pattern calls for an inner border, 2 1/2 inches wide and then another border of smaller 4"x4" sawtooth stars, 52 of them.

Vintage Quilt Revival 

My fat quarters, Little Azalea from the Fat Quarter Shop arrived this morning!  I am excited about sewing the next two blocks of the Vintage Quilt Revival:  Mosaic No. 19 and Diamond Panes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment