Sunday, October 21, 2012

October 21, 2012

I finished the quilt top that I started Friday.




On the left, I cut around the template, I sewed four of them together.
To the right, are all of the blocks sewn, 4x4.
All blocks sewn together.



I am adding a 1 1/2" flange (small inner border).  The outer border will be 6" finished.

I will try to finish the borders tonight but I am
not sure if I have enough of the outer border
fabric.  I will have to go to the quilt store and purchase more of the fabric that I have chosen and buying some backing fabric.  I don't know how I will quilt it.  I don't quilt well but this is a small quilt and I may be able to do it.  I hope...


My husband suggested that I fill some of the outer and inner portions of the "wreath" to make it seem round.  I don't know if I want to, it may destroy the pattern of the twisted pinwheel.  I try it on the next one....maybe.

Diz

No comments:

Post a Comment