Monday, October 10, 2016

Thimbleberries Window Wreath

This afternoon, I was moving some kits (trying to organize) that I purchased quite a few years ago. I am sure that it was at least ten years ago.  Every time I see the kit, I tell myself that I should make this simple quilt.  I am easily distracted so I don't follow through and do it.  I decided that today was the day especially since Christmas is coming up and I might be able to quilt it with a few months to go.  

Window Wreath Pattern

37" x 37"

I made the wreath (middle) according to the instructions in the pattern.  I had so much fabric with the kit that I decided to make the inner borders larger.  I made the inner red and cream borders 2 1/2 inches instead of 1 1/2 inches.  I did not have enough fabric to make the inner green border 2 1/2 inches so I made it an even 2 inches.  I did in fact follow the pattern and cut the outer border at 5 1/2 inches.  It was so easy to make that it only took me a couple of hours to put the whole quilt together.  The original quilt that I was going to make is only 32 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment