Thursday, October 27, 2016

Quilter's Joy Mystery Quilt

Last month, I neglected to mention that I joined the Quilter's Joy Mystery Quilt by Beaver Creek Station (BCS) Pattern Company.  I enjoy this group immensely, not because of the quilt but the group of women that are there with me.  We meet the last Wednesday of the month at 10:30 am.  They are a friendly group and seem to be experienced quilters.  

We purchased all of our fabric needed before the class began and selected the fabrics that we wanted to use:  Moda's 3 Sisters, Courtyard or Moda's French General, Madame Rouge.  I selected the French General's Madame Rouge.

Moda Charm Pack - Madame Rouge by French General


                                                       
Moda Charm Pack - Courtyard by 3 Sisters
             
Both fabric lines are lovely but 
I am a fan of red and gray.

We had a choice of the size quilt that we wanted:  either 'Lazy Lap" or "Quaintly Queen."  Of course, I had to choose the queen-sized quilt.  I had to buy additional fabric because the lap-sized kit was cut for this class.  We were also instructed to have twelve large zippered baggies to keep our fabric pieces organized.

The first class was fun and all we had to do was cut pieces and make flying geese.  The second class held yesterday it entailed much more cutting and some sewing, a 4-patch, 4 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches.





From last month's instructions:
A - 36 Pieces of Fabric #2
B - 18 Pieces of Fabric #3
C - 36 Pieces of Fabric #1
D - 36 Pieces of Fabrics #2 & #4











I just finished this month's cuttings:
E - 18 Pieces of Fabrics #2 & #6
F - 9 Pieces of Fabric #2
G - 18 Pieces of Fabric #2
H - 160 Pieces of Fabric #2







I apologize for the poor quality of the two photos above.  I did not use a place with good lighting because it had been raining all day.  I will do better in the future.  I thought that I could lighten them up when when I edited them.

At the end of each month's instructions, there is a recap of everything that we should have and in which zippered baggie.  I love that this inventory is included.
I am thoroughly enjoying making this quilt because of the great fabrics we are using and the "mystery" of what the quilt will look like at the end of the eight month program in April, 2017.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have a picture of your finished quilt?
    jcorsbie@aol.com

    ReplyDelete