Monday, October 10, 2016

Flock of Feathered Stars - Month 15

I couldn't sleep so I decided to try to complete the most recent block of the Flock of Feathered Stars.  The block is named the "Feathered Star, Finley."






These are the three blocks that we sew each month.  I believe there are only 48 blocks in the border so next month will the last of the blocks that we make.


These blocks are easy to make so don't be afraid to do them.  

A Month Long Vacation in Europe

My youngest daughter traveled to Europe during the month of September with her boyfriend and friend.  From the pictures that she sent to us, she had a blast.  I was unable to visit with her until this past weekend.  It was fun looking at her photos.  

She purchased four fat quarters for me to add to my stash while in Europe!





She bought them in Amsterdam.   The fabric came in this very cute bag with a drawing of a canal.  I thought it was very sweet of her to think of me.  I told her not to spend any money on gifts but she did anyway.  I made a quilt for her bed in the dorms her first year at  UC San Diego.  I used quite a bit of Kate Spain fabric (Good Fortune) and was surprised to see some of Kate Spain's fabric in the bag.  Thanks Caroline.




No comments:

Post a Comment