Sunday, December 28, 2014

Threads of Time BOM - Month #2 - School Girl's Puzzle

I love, love, love the Threads of Time BOM (Block of the Month).  The blocks are 8 1/2" (unfinished).  They are large enough that the seams are neither crowded nor bulky.  I started out as a admirer of civil war reproduction fabrics and this BOM does not disappoint.  I still love the civil war reproduction fabrics because I am a student of the American Civil War. I try to do at least one large civil war reproductions quilt a year. It makes me very happy!

The only difficult sewing of these blocks were the instructions to make the blocks one directional.  In other words, make all of the fabrics so they are all facing one way.  The stripes of the green, brown and red are vertical. 
The background is all facing in one direction.  I did make an error on the blue block.  You will probably see it.  I was watching a movie on TV and made two blocks upside down.  Oh well, I decided it was too much of a hassle to fix them and I am leaving them as is.

In this BOM, we are sewing one block in four different fabrics.  Here are this months' blocks:





Hope you all had a great Christmas!
Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment