Saturday, December 6, 2014

Daydream BOM - Month 7 - Sashing

I just finished the sashing for this quilt.  I looked at the initial instructions that I received when we first started this Block of the Month.  The blocks are all done, twelve in all.  I just finished the sashing so all there is to do are the borders.  It is a very pretty quilt.  I think I will either give this quilt to one of my children.  I can't wait to finish it.



The sashing block across the top are the horizontal blocks that go between each row.  There are seventeen horizontal sashing blocks in the quilt.  The two blocks that are shown vertically are the outside sashing, hence the light fabric.  There are seven sashing blocks of each total.

These were very easy to complete although over the years 
I have realized that I can't sew a straight line so these 
are no exception.  They are somewhat crooked.

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment