Sunday, December 14, 2014

Hampton Ridge is FINSIHED!

I finally finished the Hampton Ridge quilt.  I added the last border:  a 2" half-square (finished) border.  It wasn't difficult but it was very tedious making the 168 half-square triangles.  I will spend the next day trying to pick most of the loose threads from the front of the quilt and thin out the threads from the back before I call one of my wonderful long-armers to quilt the top.




I am holding up the 91" x 91," quilt.
I had to stand on a chair to be able to  
show the half-square triangles, 
on the bottom and you can
kind of see them on the sides. 

I think I forgot to mention that the
blocks are on point but the red-striped
border is mitered.  You can't
see it but trust me that was the
most difficult part of the quilt.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment