Sunday, March 9, 2014

Vintage Quilt Revival Block Along - Week #7

I have been working for two weeks now.  I have not been able to sew as much as I have wanted but I have had a lot of fun working with the staff at Rio Americano High School in Sacramento.  I worked in the Attendance Office three years ago, four hours a day.  I just worked part-time and was very satisfied getting to know the wonderful students that attend this outstanding high school.  The job became full-time in 2011 and I knew that I did not want to do that.  For the last two weeks, it has been a blast working full-time and getting to know the students again.  The current class of seniors were freshmen when I last worked there.  It has been a pleasure seeing them and getting to know them again.  I am working Monday and Tuesday of the coming week but I can't wait to get back to my full-time sewing!

Lastly, I wanted to thank VP Tanya Baker for the lovely tulips that she gave all of us last Friday.


Back to the Block Along!

This has been the best block/quilt along that I have ever followed.  The blocks are large, 12 1/2" and not complicated, so far.  

Wheel of Fortune Block
The Wheel of Fortune block was fun but when I was finished, I wished that I had just two contrasting fabrics in the center.  I can still make another block when I start to assemble the blocks into a quilt.

Tilted Star Block
I enjoyed the Tilted Star block immensely because it utilized the partial seam technique.  I had not used this technique in years so it was so pleasurable to sew one again!

1 comment:

  1. Love your two blocks. They make me smile...so colorful and cheery. You really did a great job. I just retired from middle school after 54 years of teaching so am LOST without the kids. Quilting is having to take up the slack. Know you are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete