Saturday, March 29, 2014

Charm Pack Cherry Quilt Pattern

I have not blogged since last week and I feel compelled to put one together today.  It's raining now but we need the rain in Northern California to help us get rid of the three-year drought.  I can't go outside so why not blog!

I have been working with my co-chairs of the Country Store.  We belong to is the River City Quilters Guild.  We have been updating forms to hand out and put on the internet for the members that contribute handmade crafts to sell at our quilt show.  I also had dental work last Monday, two crowns that had fillings that were over 40 years old with cracks that would eventually cause me much pain.  It doesn't hurt but having my mouth open wide for three hours caused a lot of pain in and around my jaw for a couple of days.  Fortunately, it has now subsided!  Yay!

My sewing machine has been idle for a week now and I thought that I had better do something!  I decided that I would try my hand at the Charm Pack Cherry Quilt Pattern, a free pattern from the Fat Quarter Shop:  www.FatQuarterShop.com and there is also a video on YouTube that you can watch Kimberly Jolly demonstrate how to make one of these quilts.


The pattern looks easy and the instructions are usually well written and easy to follow.  The FQS write patterns for "It's Sew Emma."  I have used their patterns previously and I like them very much because of the easy-to-follow directions.








I decided to use two print charm packs called "Chance of Flowers" by Sandy Gervais for Moda and two solid charm packs from Bella Solids by Moda.

I am using the Robin Egg Solid and the flower print so that the quilt would look like spring.  I don't know if I like the Robin Egg charm pack yet.  I may change my mind later.





I do have my last week of blocks due for the Vintage Quilt Revival Block Along.  I want to finish those blocks first before I start the charm pack quilt.  


No comments:

Post a Comment