Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Little Lollies Update

This past Sunday I was able to finish all nine of the "Little Lollies."  They were fun and very quick.  Believe me, I was so surprised how fast I could put them together.  
 
My next decision that I had to make was how I was going to affix the "Little Lollies" to the white-on-white background.  There were three recommendations on the pattern:  top-stitching, machine applique or hand applique.  If I wanted to finish this quilt quickly, I will have to fore-go the last option, hand applique.  I went to my local quilt shop, Fabric Garden and the owner, Jill suggested that I top-stitch them.  It was fast and easy.  I have finished five of the nine and looking forward to finishing them this morning.


I stitched around the hole in the center of the "Little Lollie" first.  Any color will do so I used white on this one.  

I have one of those sewing machines that automatically cut the ends of the threads when you are done stitching so I used red thread on the edges of the red part of the blade and aqua thread on the edges of the aqua.

After I finish top-stitching the 'Little Lollies" down to the background, I will tackle the center of the blocks.  I will let you know how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment