Monday, September 7, 2015

Arcadia Avenue by Sassafras Lane Designs

Almost six months ago, while my husband was at a meeting in Anaheim (California) and I was in our hotel room, I started to look over a catalog from Keepsake Quilting.  I spied the Arcadia Avenue - A Block of the Month Quilt Pattern and was so intrigued.  So I ordered the BOM and it has arrived every month for the last six months.  I didn't have time to sew the blocks so I put them away in a plastic bin waiting for the day that I could pull them out and start them.  I really don't have the time but I decided that I would try at least one block.  Since I love paper-piecing so much with the Flock of Feathered Stars, I thought this would be just as enjoyable.  It is so much FUN too!




It consists of 12 separate sections to make one large block approximately 21 inches from opposite points.  I used vellum paper to print the patterns.  I like it because it tears easier and feels smoother than the newsprint.  The drawback to using vellum is that it is more expensive than the newsprint.  This is block #2, called "Peacock Feathers.  I made an error in cutting block #1 that I decided to go to block #2.  I hope to have a bit of left over from each month to finish block #1.

No comments:

Post a Comment