Thursday, February 18, 2016

Promised Images

I finished the binding of one of the baby quilts that I shared with you yesterday. I did not include a photo so I am posting one today.  The quilt is 35" x 43."  I used a Bella Bleached White fabric for the background and all of the other fabric was from the "Dit-Dot" fabric line by Jason Yenter from "In The Beginning."


I enjoyed making this quilt for many reasons:  I love making stars and the size is so much smaller than the other quilts that I usually make.  I quilted this by myself.  Most of the larger quilts I can't even imagine doing on my sewing machine.  I usually take them to a quilter that lives close to me.  I will finish the other boy baby quilt today and I will post a photo of it as soon as I can.

Fabric Organization

Yesterday, I mentioned the book, "the life-changing magic of tidying up" by Marie Kondo.  I took some photos of some of the things that I do to keep my stash in some kind of order.  I must say that in the past, I could not find fabrics that I know I had purchased but had not used.  I just flung the fabric that I just purchased into any place that I could find space and it was hard to find it when I finally had the time to use it.

I use two types of boxes,  a small square, 12" x 12" and a larger box, 15" x 17."  The smaller box is full of fat quarters and the large box has fabric that are large cuts.


This view is from the top.  I put all of my red/pink reproduction fat quarters in this box.  

They are all upright so I can see most of the fabrics and I can pull one out and easily put it back in the box if I decide that I don't want to use it.




This is the larger box and it is also the view from the top of the box.  I put the red/pink fabric upright so I can see most of the fabrics.

While I was folding the fabric, I pulled out the one's that I thought I would never use and always questioned myself with "Why would I buy this piece of fabric?!"  I pulled it out and decided that I would try to sell these fabrics at my quilt guild to a person who would love to have more fabric to add to their stash.  We have a lovely Country Store and the consignors are so talented when they make quilting items to sell.


No comments:

Post a Comment