Friday, February 19, 2016

More....Promised Images

I did finish the second baby quilt last night.  I saw a quilt on a magazine in January and thought that it would be fun to sew for the friend of my daughter. I used the same fabric for this quilt, "Dit-Dot" by Jason Yenter of In the Beginning.  It is 28" x 44."  It was fun sewing this one together.  I used a pattern from the magazine cover, Fons and Porter's Quilting Quickly, the January/February, 2016 issue.  I loved how the individual blocks made a secondary design on the quilt.  Of course, I was limited on my fabric choice.  I used different fabrics and it is not as bright as the quilt on the cover.




River Rock 

I was not sure that I would join this BOM since I had seen a copy of it on most of the blogs that I read.  Well, that was until I saw it in person at my local quilt store, Fabric Garden in Sacramento.  It is so colorful due to the beautiful batiks that are used to make this quilt. I also like to support my local shop so I try to buy the fabrics that I want there first.  If I don not find them there, I usually buy the fabrics online.



The BOM started just last month.  I love the large blocks and beautiful colors. These blocks are from month #1.


Block A - 13" x 13"

Block B - 20.5" x 20.5"
 Spacer - 8" x 20.5"

Here are the blocks from month #2.


Block B - 20.5 x 20.5"

Block A = 13" x 13"
Spacer - 3" x 13"

It is fun, fun, fun!  The difficult part of this BOM, so far, is sorting through all of the fabrics of 10" squares.  I believe that this is a 9-month program.  I'm hoping that it will continue to be FUN!


No comments:

Post a Comment