Thursday, July 9, 2015

Fig Tree Yuletide Block of the Month

I joined another BOM (Block of the Month) earlier this year.  Little did I know that I would be so behind and that I would be scrambling to do these blocks before the next blocks arrived.  This is a new BOM from Fig Tree and Company. Joanna Figueroa is my favorite fabric designer and I always sign up.  I have never regretted doing it but I fall behind frequently.  The first month's blocks arrived in April.  The next two month's block arrived as they were supposed to but I thought that I would be finished before July's blocks arrived.  NO SUCH LUCK! The blocks arrived this week.  


Month #1 - Puzzle Star






I love this block.  It is composed of nine churn dash like blocks.  It was very easy to put together and the pattern included with the fabric was easy to follow.  In the middle of this 16" (finished) block is a star depicted in green.








Month #1 - Caroline Lily Variation



This block is also 16" square.  If you hadn't notice the name of this quilt is the Yuletide BOM.  It is a Christmas quilt thus the red and green blocks. This block is still incomplete because Joanna will send in a future mailing another shade of green to make the leaves.  This was another easy set of four blocks to sew. 







Month #2 - Flying Geese Criss Cross




The next two blocks were received in May.  I am finally finishing them in July!  This block is also 16" square. This was another easy one because of the size of the pieces of fabric.  It went very fast and besides I LOVE making star blocks.  BTW, this quilt is a mystery quilt which means Joanna will give us instructions and/or suggestions at the end of the year on where to place the blocks for a pleasing quilt.




Month #2 - Feather Star







This block was by far the most difficult of the four blocks.  The small triangles and placement were tedious.  In the instructions Joanna wrote:  "Sew SLOWLY & CAREFULLY." At first, I did not follow her instructions and had to rip out the seam so many times (I lost count) that I was leaving some places where the triangles meet close to threadbare!  I like the look of it so I guess it was worth it.

So I am on to June and July's blocks.
Happy Sewing Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment