Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Moda Modern Building Blocks - Block of the Month: Fig Tree Style

I worked last week at my children's high school.  The school year is starting soon and I usually help in the Finance Office.  Fortunately, my children are older now, graduated from high school and I work (get paid) and do some volunteering there still.  I usually don't sew when I work there because I am exhausted when I come home.  That is why I have not posted anything to this blog.

Last Friday, I received my first BOM from Fig Tree.  It is a bit different from the original Moda Modern Building Blocks.  You can see the difference if you compare my photograph of the quilt I am making to the Moda website where they have the assembly and finishing instructions:
http://www.modafabrics.com/Modern-Building-Blocks-Assembly-PS9900.pdf.

Modern Build Blocks 2014 - Fig Tree Style

I followed the cutting instructions for the blocks but I had a bit of trouble sewing them together.  I will try another method to get the pieces to fit better next month or it may be my ironing.

Block #2 - 36" x 36"
Block #48 - 6" x 6"

Block #28 - 6" x 6"
Block #20 - 6" x 6"
Block #21 - 6" x 6"

No comments:

Post a Comment