Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Blogger Girls Block of the Month II

I decided that I would take a break from the "Star Flowers" quilt that I started a month ago.  As I stated in the last post, I was frustrated with "cleaning-up" some of the points where six fabrics met outside of the blocks.  

Well, I decided that I would work on the Blogger Girls Block of the Month II by Monique Dillard.  I believe that I have all of her books and I have been following her blog, The Open Gate for a couple of years.  I printed the directions for the first block of the month last year and I have been printing the second block of the month that Monique started this past January.  This particular BOM is six months long and has two blocks per month that are very similar and one month there will be three blocks to complete.  The quilt is 59 inches square.  Each block is 6 inches finished plus the sashing amount to 9 inches finished.

I decided to make a blue and white quilt and to use fabrics already in my stash.  I just completed all of the blocks so far and have not added the  setting for each block.  





Two Blocks
January 2014











Two Blocks
February 2014







 


 Two Blocks
March 2014 









 Two Blocks
April 2014








       Three Blocks
       May 2014 







No comments:

Post a Comment