Thursday, February 6, 2014

Zippy Strippy Bags - Large, Medium and Small

I had to work three days this week so I did not get to sew as much as I wanted.  Plus, I have been making so many stars for the Simply Stellar Quilt that I could not get myself to do them today.  I decided to make some Zippy Strippy bags instead.  I made them all today and I felt a lot of satisfaction each time I finished a bag.




This is the large bag - 
11 1/2"w x 6"h x 4"d











Medium Bag -
9 1/2"w x 5 1/2"h x 4"d









Small bag - 
7 1/2"w x 4"h x 2 1/2" d








I used the Zippy Strippy Pattern by Atkinson Designs.  I like her patterns.  The instructions are easy to follow and the items to sew are very simple.

At the Fabric Garden (our local quilt shop here in Sacramento), we had an ongoing class called "Groovy Girls."  It was a monthly program.  We learned how to use those polyester zippers.  I was so freaked out the first month.  I had to sew over the teeth of the zipper!  I cringed when I did it but this method/technique is wonderful and really makes you comfortable putting in a zipper.  I was happy to re-learn the use of the zipper foot.

I used the Chantilly line of fabric by Lauren and Jessi Jung for Moda to make all three bags.  I love aqua and this line really has a lot of it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment