Sunday, January 28, 2018

Star Spangled in Blue - Finished Banner - Month #3

This portion of the Star Spangled Banner was difficult.  There are lots of small pieces and trying to sew it all together with all of the bulk in the seams.  Well, it took me a while but I just finished it this morning.


This is the center of the banner.
It is 8.25 inches square.

Here is the photo of the entire block, Star Spangled Banner.  


22" Block


The portion that I just finished is in the center and it is on point.  I peeked at the next month's instructions and we are sewing some of the 3-part point corners.  I am not looking forward to sewing these small pieces together.  It's the sewing them together which is a pain.  As I stated before there is a lot of bulk to sew through.  To be honest, I would try to make it as perfect as possible but I gave myself a maximum of three tries to fix the "visible imperfections."  

No comments:

Post a Comment