Tuesday, July 11, 2017

2017 Summer Sampler - Block #8

I was finally able to finish block #8 this afternoon.  The block is named: Princess Cut Star.  It took me a little longer to finish because we changed to another cable company and the installer came this morning and had to change out wire underneath our house and out to the telephone pole.  He was finished until this afternoon so I could finally finish this block.

This block was sewn together with paper piecing.  I enjoyed the process because it is fast, easy and I like the technique.  

I received my 9th block yesterday morning so I will begin sewing that tomorrow afternoon.  I have a class at my local quilt store, "Fabric Garden" in Sacramento.  It is on the Creative Grids rulers.  We are introduced to the incredible rulers by designers who think differently than most of us do.  These make our lives so easy by helping us make straighter and more accurate cuts of the fabric.  I can't wait to see which ruler we will be using and learning about tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment