Friday, March 10, 2017

New Class - Creative Grids

Last Wednesday, I started a new class/club:  A Creative Grids Club.  It is a 12 week class and we meet twice in one month.  Our first class was last week and we learned all about the Creative Girds 6" Log Cabin Trim Tool.  



Each time we meet, Carol and Jill introduce us to a new Creative Grids Tool/Ruler.  I was a bit skeptical because I dislike log cabin blocks.  My blocks are difficult to piece because of the fabric and somehow I cannot cut them straight.  

They explained that this tool helped each block to be similar and easy to sew together.

We watch a video on the TV in the classroom and we are given fabric.  Once the video is done we try to make the block:  a 6" Log Cabin.







This is the block we made from the fabric that was given to us.  It was fun and very fast to sew together.  










We were given "homework":  to make four additional log cabin blocks.  I just finished this tonight.  I like the look and I was able to use some of my scraps to complete the homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment