Thursday, June 23, 2016

Little Ruby Quilt Along Part 1

Today is our first triple-digit temperature in the Sacramento area.  I think I will sew all day, turn the air conditioner on to a comfortable temperature and watch television all day while I sew.  The temperature is supposed to reach 100 degrees today by 3 PM.  Ugh!


I just wanted to show you what supplies you need to start this quilt:



I purchased: two jelly rolls of "Little Ruby;" 3 yards of the background fabric "Aqua Little Bliss Dots" and an extra yard of Bell bleached white fabric from my local quilt store.  Just in case I purchased the incorrect white jelly rolls.  I had two junior jelly rolls in my stash.  I love having the white as background.  It reminds of clean white laundry.






I purchased the two rulers from the Fat Quarter Shop:  a 4 1/2" Double Strip Ruler/Equilateral Triangle and a 4 1/2" Hexagon Trim Tool.  I hope to use them often in the future.  They are not cheap.


No comments:

Post a Comment