Sunday, November 8, 2015

Classic Yuletide BOM - #6 - Catching Up

I am finally catching up with the Block of the Month projects!  I decided to start with Fig Tree's "Classic Yuletide BOM because I am the farthest out with this one:  two months behind with a current month, #8 just arriving for me to sew.




This is block #11 called "Birds in the Air."  Joanna asked us to leave the four parts unassembled because
"There are different ways that they can be put into a block."  I photographed one of the options that are shown to the right.  She added, "We will make that decision later in the assembly process." 

Each smaller component block is 8" finished or 8 1/2" unfinished so the entire "Birds in the Air" is 16 finished or 16 1/2" unfinished.





The second block of month #6 is Block #12  called "Milky Way."  Joanna made this block easy to assemble because she made one of the side pieces from two half square triangles.  Thank you, Joanna

Each of the smaller component pieces are 6 3/4" finished or 7 1/4" UF.  Sewn together the entire block is 13 1/2" finished or 14 1/2 UF. 







  


Lastly, I neglected to post a photo of the three border pieces of the "Flock of Feathered Stars" BOM from last week.  I don't know if I mentioned that this block of the month is 18 months in length.  There are 48 blocks in the border.  We sew 3 of these blocks each month so at the end, we will have 48 blocks for the border. 

No comments:

Post a Comment