Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Working Full Time - No time for SEWING!

I don't like the feeling when I am not sewing.  I don't feel like myself when I am not sewing or creating a quilt.  I have been working full time for the last month because I want to help my former co-workers and friends when they need help.  So, I am working full time and not able to sew as much as I want.  Boo Hoo!

My youngest daughter, Caroline attends UC San Diego.  She is a new member of the Alpha Chi Omega sorority there.  When new "little sisters" join, their "big sisters" shower them with crafty gifts to welcome them to their sorority.  To ease the craft making that she has to manufacture in just a few short weeks, I volunteered to make a few pillows with the Greek letters depicting the name of her sorority.




These are the Greek letters that I used to make the pillows:  alpha, chi, and omega.

I used a paper-pieced alphabet that I found on-line. 

I had to use an upside down U with added feet to make the omega letter.





The pillow forms that I used are 12 inches x 16 inches.  I did sew white fabric to the back of the letter panel because I am afraid that if the pillow case is washed, the panel would fall apart and/or unravel unless I protected it.

This was an easy project and sure to make points with Caroline.

No comments:

Post a Comment