Friday, June 2, 2017

Summer Sampler 2017

About a month ago, I received an e-mail about joining a summer sampler series.  I received three separate e-mails from Faith of FreshLemonsQuilrs, Katie from SwimBikeQuilt, and Lee of FreshlyPiecedQuilts.  I did participate in their summer sampler series a couple of years ago.  It was called the "Vintage Quilt Revival" and it was based on the book that they (Faith, Katie and Lee) had just published.  That was quite a fun quilt to make.  


Anyway, this time we were to purchase the pattern and wait for an e-mail with instructions on how to make each block every Monday.  Of course, I ordered my fabric late so I just caught up this past weekend with the first three blocks.  I basically stayed with the fabrics that were suggested but I added a few more blues.  I received the first two blocks without all of my fabric so I waited patiently until all of them arrived.  The instructions give a 12" and a 6" version of each block.  I am toying with the idea of making both sizes but I have only done the 12" blocks because I am trying to organize my stash, patterns and quilt books to be in one place and not scattered somewhere in four different places in my house.



Block 1:  Millcreek Star

Block 2:  Tilted Star

Block 3:  Celestial Star

These blocks, so far, have been fun and easy to sew.  Fortunately, I like to paper piece so the third block was easy to do.

I also have to apologize that my blocks do not look very pretty.  I am not a good photographer and I can't seem to get the colors to come out looking like the fabrics that I used.  Sorry....

If you have Instagram, you can see some of the other blocks on #summersample2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment