Sunday, February 5, 2017

New 12-Month BOM - Saturday Sampler

Today was the first day of a new Block of the Month (BOM).  We meet the first Saturday of the month.  I have a photo of the quilt but it did not turn out well. As soon as I get back to the Fabric Garden Quilt Shop, I will take another photo and post it.  We are using solids for the blocks and they are offering two backgrounds to use:  a navy and a light beige.  I chose the navy as the background for my quilt.  We are given the directions to make the block with Studio 180 Design's Wing Clipper or to sew it together without the ruler.  Of course, I love using the Wing Clipper.  It is more accurate and uses less fabric.  

I did not realize that they also offered fat quarters to make a Civil War-like blocks.  I decided to do those blocks as well.  Each block is 12 1/2" square and this month's block is called Ciara.





Civil War Reproduction Fabrics


No comments:

Post a Comment