Friday, September 23, 2016

Flock of Feathered Stars - Month 14

I fell behind this month because of the Judy Niemeyer pattern and my attempt at organizing my stash.  I stopped organizing and stopped sewing my JN pattern so that I can catch up on my three BOM (block of the month) that I am a participant:  Flock of Feathered Stars, Sleigh Bell and River Rock. 

I finished the 14th installment of the Flock of Feathered Stars block this morning.  It took me all day yesterday to carefully take the paper off the back of the block because it is a paper-piecing project.

Feathered Star No. ! - 12.5" x 12.5" Unfinished

This particular block was a bit more difficult than the past blocks.  The feathers on this block were smaller and required more thought when sewing all of the pieces together.  There were quite a few places that you had to make sure that seams were sewn together.  Overall, it was a great block.  I love the way it looks and I am looking forward to finishing this quilt.

I have finished one of three blocks for the border and will post a photograph of it when I post photos of this month's  Sleigh Bell Block.

No comments:

Post a Comment