Sunday, July 17, 2016

New - Sleigh Bell BOM

I neglected to mention that I joined a new Block of the Month (BOM).  It is called the "Sleigh Bell BOM."  It has a total of twelve blocks and it is coincidentally a twelve month BOM.  Every month the participants pick-up fabric at Fabric Garden (my local quilt shop) in Sacramento.  We follow the instructions from the book:  "Winter Wonderland."  It looks fairly easy so I thought it would be fun to do.  


I like the book as I thumbed through it last week just before I signed up for the BOM.  This is fairly easy so we do not have a class but just a pick-up of the fabric and take it home to sew.  The book, "Winter Wonderland" is written by Sherri Falls of "This & That Pattern Company."  It has quite a few quilts to make and they look easy.  The instructions are very clear.  The Sleigh Bell pattern is the last one in the book.






This is block one, a Pine Tree.  It was fast and easy to sew.  The middle of the block is 8.5" x 8.5" square. Total measurements of the block including the borders are 10.5" x 10.5" square.  

No comments:

Post a Comment