Thursday, August 6, 2015

A Flock of Feathered Stars by Carolyn Cullinan McCormick

A couple of weeks ago, I saw a teaser (poster) at my local quilt shop for a class called "A Flock of Feathered Stars."  This was a paper piecing class and I was intrigued.  I had the book at home and loved the stars but I didn't have the time to do it. Here was a class held once a month, the first Tuesday of each month, we bring our sewing machines, do it at the quilt shop AND socialize with twelve other quilters!  What a deal!  I immediately signed up and we had our first class earlier this week and we paper pieced!  Needless to say, I loved it!




A photo of the book is pictured to the left, A Flock of Feathered Stars by Carolyn Cullinan McCormick.
It is a wonderful book full of paper pieced stars.  They look difficult but they are not.  I will say that you had better like paper piecing!




This is the block that we started with: Feathered Star No. 4.

It was fun and not complicated.  The block is 12" finished.







This BOM is an 18-month program.  We will sew a block each month and make 3 blocks of the border.  It really is fun.






No comments:

Post a Comment